Sunday, February 13, 2011

And that's how it is done



Well, after being pretty much impressed by the Smoked-Flambe-Pasta at a pasta place, the cook in me was inspired to try it out..
”Food on fire”, “Smoked”, “Roasted”...I didn't have a clue what was it called....several google searches later, I finally found the word, “Flambe”...meaning “flamed” in French.

Ah, so there it was.... But I could not find a single page which would tell me the secret to replicate the flambe without alcohol :-/ I was like damn these firangs, puting alcohol in food as well :P
I was damn sure the pasta place did not use alcohol, nor do the awesome cooks in India.

So...

Some RnD later, I found out the secret... thought of sharing it with people who wanna try it :)

Steps:
  1. Put the (thick) pan on high flame for about a min. 
  2. Pour in some cooking oil and some more flame.
  3. Raise the pan and shake it while adding 2 spoons of the paste*
paste*= Giner-garlic paste, half a lemon, some sugar and some water (I used this)...

Well believe it or not, there was some awesome fire, even after putting the pasta toppings on it...
And the pasta was delicious....and by the way, the hand in the pics is mine :)

5 comments:

Mari said...

Hey Rakesh, so simple and innovative :) made me believe that u can do great things with simple methods :) im sure going to try this :P hope so it turns out just the way :)

Rakesh said...

:) Thanks Marie...
try karo with care n let me know how it turns out to be :):)

debarpita mohapatra said...

Wow BOY, a post after a long time and that to DHASU one... A genius you are, really impressed with the height of the fire there in the pic ;). Actually 'm sitting in the library now and hungry like anything and got to see this so almost getting the taste in my mouth but to be true that fire looks SCARY.

Rakesh said...

Thanks Siku :)
yeah it was Awesome :)
n my roommate was scared by the fire :P:P nd i wanted to try it so much:)

basEkPal said...

yes dear..that's sugar.. m eager to eat flambe pasta made by the gr8 cook raksh :)